Security Policy at the BJCC
All guests shall remain respectful and courteous to all patrons and comply with requests from the BJCC Team regarding policies, emergency response procedures and behavior which impacts the event experience of fellow spectators. The BJCC values the support of all guests and reserves the right to eject any guest for any reason including but not limited to:
• Behavior that is unruly, abusive, or illegal
• The use of foul or abusive language or gestures
• Intoxication or other signs of impairment that leads to irresponsible behavior
• Verbal or physical harassment of other guests, entertainers, event personnel and/or BJCC personnel
• Failure to follow the instructions of Arena personnel
• Smoking or the use of tobacco products
• Interference with the game or event, including the throwing of objects
• Sitting in a seat other than one’s ticketed seat
All guests attending an event at The BJCC are subject to screening, which varies from event-to-event. Screenings range from visual inspection and bag search to screenings by a magnetometer (metal detector) and/or pat-down search conducted by security personnel. The purpose of the inspection is to detect prohibited items.
Doors open one (1) hour prior to show time.* Please arrive as close to the hour as possible. If an attendee cannot make it to the venue 30 minutes prior to the show, they should expect a possible delay. The BJCC has increased typical staffing levels for events to get each and every person into the building in a timely manner but can make no guarantees. Please visit “BJCC Know Before You Go” section on our website for detailed information and tips.
*the time doors open prior to an event are subject to change
To help everyone have a positive experience when coming to an event, we ask that you do the following:
• Bring only essential items needed for the event you are attending.
• Leave ALL weapons at home. Weapons may include firearms, pocketknives, pepper spray, and wallet chains.
• No detachable lens cameras will be permitted.
The following is a list of items that are prohibited at all BJCC events.
• Bags/purses/backpacks larger than 14" x 14" x 6"
• Chains over 6" in length
• Hula Hoops
• Jewelry or belts of any kind containing spikes or studs
FOOD & BEVERAGES
• Any outside food or beverage
• Bota bags or wine skins
• Water bottles are not allowed
• Illegal drugs (including cannabis)
• Aerosol cans
• Beach Balls
• Cigarettes or any smoking device including e-cigs or vaporizers
• Inflatable Items
• Bullhorns/noise makers
• Ice chests, coolers or thermos containers
• Laser pointers
• Poles (including signs attached to poles)
• Professional recording devices for photography, video or audio
• Selfie Sticks
• Skateboards or roller blades
• Stools or folding chairs
• Any item too large to fit under a seat
• Firearms (prohibited by event producers)
• All knives
• Mace or pepper spray
• Any item staff deems dangerous and could be used as a weapon
Guests, including law enforcement personnel not present in an official capacity, are prohibited from bringing weapons into the venues. BJCC does not provide weapon lockers. Weapons include, but are not limited to, the following: firearms, explosives, stun guns, handcuffs, brass knuckles, sticks, clubs, batons, martial arts instruments, pepper spray, tear gas, knives, etc. Patrons found in possession of the above-mentioned items will be asked to remove the item from the arena or dispose of it.
FLAGS AND BANNERS
Unless otherwise specified by teams and/or event officials/management, BJCC welcomes patrons bringing small signs, flags, banners, and posters inside the building to show fan support during events.
The following guidelines relate to these items:
• Item must be related to event
• Item may not be attached to a stick/pole
• Item may not be larger than 11" x 17" in dimension
• Item may not obstruct any sponsors/advertisers signage
• Item may not be hung, attached, or displayed on any part of the building
• Item may not contain or display obscene/offensive language and/or pictures,
as determined by Arena management
• Item may not be constructed or displayed in a manner that mat obstruct the view of other
patrons or in any way create a safety hazard for others as determined by Arena management.
Guests are not allowed to hand out pamphlets, advertisement brochures, etc. to other guests while inside the building, without prior approval from BJCC management.
Please Note: Storage lockers are not available on site for prohibited items.
Animals except service animals are prohibited.
Trained emergency medical technicians (EMT) personnel are available to assist any guest in need at every event. First Aid offices are located on the Main Concourse at Section 7 in Legacy Arena and the lobby of the Concert Hall. In addition, the BJCC is equipped with Automatic External Defibrillators (AED) located in various locations throughout the facility. Designated employees, including our EMT staff, have been properly trained and certified to use the AED. In the event of a medical emergency, contact a member of our event staff for assistance.