Book Your Space at the BJCC in Birmingham, AL
Thank you for your interest in the BJCC! All prospective clients must complete and submit the booking application before dates can be held or booked. Fill out the booking request form below, or contact our event planning team to discuss your unique needs.
Our team will work with you to find the perfect space and amenities for your event and guide you through the booking process step-by-step. Don’t hesitate to contact us and start planning your next successful event at the BJCC today.
Interested parties can fill out the booking request form below. A sales representative will assist in selecting a space and provide a quote. Once the contract is signed and the deposit is paid, the rental process is complete.
The BJCC can provide a variety of equipment and amenities, including tables, chairs, audio-visual equipment, Wi-Fi, and on-site catering services. Your Sales contact can confirm items/services included in rent and items/services that can be provided at an additional cost.
The cancellation policy varies depending on the terms of the rental contract. Typically, cancellations made within a certain time frame of the event will result in a fee, while cancellations made further in advance may result in a partial refund.
Generally, for any contracted event that the client cancels or requests a modification of contracted space within 12 months of the scheduled event, event is subject to forfeiture of deposit and/or minimum contracted space rental at the discretion of the BJCC Executive Director.
Yes. All groups shall obtain, maintain and provide evidence of insurance at least 14 working days prior to occupancy and must meet requirements as specified in the Lease Agreement and below.
• Commercial (or Comprehensive) General Liability coverage, including Products and Completed Operations and Personal Injury coverages, issued by a company authorized to engage in the insurance business in the State of Alabama with an A.M. Best rating of A-, VII or better.
• Said policy or Certificate of Insurance will name the Lessee and their officers and employees as the insured.
• The policy will, provide for limits of liability which shall not be less than $1,000,000 Each Occurrence.
• $2,000,000 Aggregate.
• $300,000 Damage to Premises Rented to You.
• $1,000,000 Personal & Advertising Injury.
• Certificate will also provide evidence of Automobile Insurance with Combined Single Limits (CSL) of $1,000,000 for owned, hired & non-owned vehicles.
• Workers’ Compensation Insurance with statutory limits and Employer’s Liability limits of $1,000,000 / $1,000,000 / $1,000,000.
• All insurance will be primary and non-contributory and provide waiver of subrogation.
• The Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Complex, The Birmingham Jefferson Civic Center Authority and its officers and employees are included as Additional Insured on the GL and Auto policies.
• The policy will require that the insurance company give the Lessor’s Executive Director at least 30 days advance written notice of any reduction or cancellation of the coverage during the term of this lease. Written notice shall be sent to P.O. Box 13347, Birmingham, Alabama 35202-3347.
• The cancellation clause of the insurance certificate MUST read as follows: “Should any of the above described policies be canceled before the expiration date thereof, the issuing company will mail 30 days written notice to the certificate holder (Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Complex).”
Upon confirmation of your event, a Certificate of Insurance must be provided with the above coverage. There are no exceptions.
Requirements will vary based upon projected attendance, presence of alcohol, etc. Your Event Manager can confirm exact security requirements with additional detail about your event.